We’re looking for more people to join the team.
Hiking guide – see more of Beijing and get paid to lead hikes with Beijing Hikers
We’re looking for the right person to join our team. As a hiking guide you’ll see more of Beijing, you’ll get experience working in a multilingual environment, you’ll learn how to keep everything perfectly organised, and you’ll stay in better shape than most people by doing a whole lot of hiking.
- Work as part of a team to lead groups on our main hiking trails.
- Learn how to make a clear presentation of the organisation plan and hike details to your group of hikers.
- Communicate in English and (basic) Chinese to make sure everything goes to plan.
You’ll need to
- Be free to work on Saturdays and/or Sundays, and be occasionally available on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- Be able to speak basic Chinese in order to communicate with non-English speaking guides and other suppliers.
- Have basic first aid skills.
- Be in good physical condition and able to keep smiling while climbing large hills.
- Be on time for work, every time.
- Not be working for any company in a similar market.
This job is occasionally a tough one – early mornings, long days, and sore legs. That’s the life of a hiking guide. Are you up for the challenge?
Contact us to set up an interview
We’ll send a few emails back and forth before setting up a meeting with you. After that, we’ll get you out on a hike to test your fitness, and we’ll go from there.