Since 2019 Beijing Hikers has provided opportunities for members of Beijing’s disabled community to socialise and explore more of Beijing.
We’d like to work with you and your organisation on events and activities that allow hearing- and vision-impaired students and adults to have fun, and gain skills and an understanding of the wider world.
What kind of events and activities?
- Cultural exchanges—increase awareness of challenges faced by the disabled community, through participation in cultural events.
- Outdoor activities—students and staff work together to help hearing- and vision-impaired students and adults to enjoy an outdoor experience.
How you can help
- Work with Beijing Hikers to organise events and activities.
- Help Beijing Hikers identify opportunities for events, activities, and internships that are of benefit to both your organisation as well as members of the disabled community.
- Provide funding to cover the cost of events and activities.
- Introduce the Beijing Hikers community service efforts to the wider community.
What events and activities has Beijing Hikers organised already?
- With the Norwegian Embassy, provided translation and coordination services that enabled 23 hearing-impaired students to attend the Winter Party at the Norwegian Embassy. (2023)
- With the US Embassy, organised an outing to the Mutianyu Great Wall on which embassy staff assisted vision-impaired guests to experience hiking on the Mutianyu Great Wall. (2022)
- With the German Embassy School, invited a hearing-impaired student to participate in an outing for the school students that included a short hike and pizza-making. (2022)
- With the Swedish Embassy, provided translation and coordination services that enabled a hearing-impaired family group to attend the Winter Party at the Swedish Embassy (2022)
- Provided translation and coordination services that facilitated participation of hearing- and vision-impaired children in the US Embassy’s Disability Action Group Color Run (2022)
- Made visits to Beijing Lianhe University’s Special Education Institute to discuss work experience and internship opportunities with pre-graduate hearing-impaired students (2021)
- Offered free-of-charge places for hearing-impaired adults and families on Beijing Hikers club hikes. (since 2021)
- Organised a series of events that included interpretation and instruction for indoor rock climbing and golf activities (2019)
Why Beijing Hikers?
- Professional and well-known company that has been organising hikes and trips around Beijing and greater China since 2001.
- Fully licensed and can provide official fapiao. (Fapiao available from either Beijing Hikers or an NGO we are connected with)
- Supplier of successful small- and large-scale events for schools, companies, and embassies.
- BJH CSR efforts are led from the top, with General Manager Sun Huijie a qualified Chinese sign language interpreter.
- BJH Staff have long-standing contacts with key members of Beijing’s disabled communities thanks to a long track record of successful events.
We’d love to talk to you about working together!