- 380 RMB / 340 RMB members / 180 RMB for kids 5–12
- 8:30am departure from Lido Hotel Starbucks; Liangmaqiao subway area pickup at 8:00am. Back in Beijing around 5:00pm. (Find the meeting points)
- 2–3 hours start to finish over 3–5km.
Walk up to the middle part of the Gubeikou Great Wall to take a look about the towers, hike along the wall, and then hike down to the adventure playground for play and picnic time.
Kids club: relaxed outings for kids to enjoy some family time in nature. Best for ages 5–12. Younger children would need to be carried for most of the way on this hike.
08:30—Driving to the hike, stopping for a bathroom break
11:30—Break at towers on the Great Wall
12:00—Walk along the Great Wall
13:00—Head down to the playground, or hike a bit farther on the Great Wall
13:30—Free time at the playground
14:30—Driving back, stopping for a bathroom break
16:30—Arrive at Lido, then on to Liangmaqiao
Things to do
While there aren’t specially structured activities this time, there are some fun things to do.
Climb Great Wall towers: Climb on top of the big tower, and try to find the shoot location of the historical photos. Best for older kids.
Walk along the Great Wall: the basic route is mostly flat once you get on top of the wall. It’s possible to add more wall walking on this hike if you’re interested.
Gubeikou adventure playground: swings, rope swings, see-saws, balance beams and ropes.
Please contact us if you’d like more details about the plan.
Safety and supervision: we choose hikes that are not dangerous, and we’ll warn you about any parts of the hike that require extra attention. You’re responsible for watching your children. We’ll let you know where’s good to play.
Vehicle: all participants must wear seatbelts while in the vehicle. Ask us about bringing your car seat, as certain seats might not fit.
Weather: if the weather doesn’t look like fun, we’ll cancel or postpone the hike.
Food: bring your own picnic lunch. We’ll supply some snacks and water for you.
What to bring on this hike
- Lunch and snacks to eat during the hike
- Sun protection: long-sleeved shirt, hat
- Warm clothes in case it gets chilly
- Good hiking boots
- Pencils and paper if you want to do some sketching
- (Click here to read our full What to Bring on a Hike list)
Reasons you might not like this hike
- It’s quite a short walk, and we’re going to take it slow. If you’re interested in a hike, please take a look at some of the other options we have