How you become a member
It's very easy: get in contact with us and let us know you'd like to become a member. The next time you come hiking, we'll bring along your membership card and get you signed up. You'll start getting the discount straight away.
Why is it good to be a member?
- A nice membership card that is valid for a year from the date of issue
- 10% discount on all of our regular hikes in Beijing
- 5% discount on our special trips to other provinces – often more than the cost of membership.
- First call on standby lists. (If a hike is fully booked, our members are the first to get a call if we have vacancies.)
- A logbook to record your hikes, which will help you qualify for further benefits!
- Other irregular and intangible benefits as they are devised.
Plus! Renew your membership for a second year in a row and become a lifetime member.
Sound good? Contact us to sign up!
Every hike or trip you do, you qualify for a stamp. When you get to ten stamps, we’ll give you a 350 RMB hike voucher. You can frame it and put it on your wall, or you can use it to pay for all or part of a hike or trip. The choice is yours.
The log book also has a space for you to record how many kilometers you’ve walked. At certain milestones you will receive further fame and recognition.
- 100km: The 100km club badge! 10 hikes of 10km or more – this shouldn’t be too difficult.
- 300km: The 300km club badge!
- 500km: The 500km club badge, and Super Member status!
- 1,000km: If you hike 1,000km with us, you get the 1,000km club badge, and we’ll take you to dinner! 1,000km is about how much our full time guides do in a year. All you need to do is hike three times a week, every week.
Terms and conditions
- Bring the card with you to be safe: after a few hikes we will likely recognise you; a look at your card will make it certain.
- One discount for one person per card per hike; membership not transferable.
- Card should be stamped and signed by one of us.
- There might be a small cost to replace a lost card.
- Membership is valid for a year from date of payment.
Log book system
- Bring your log book on the hikes, fill it in and get it stamped on the way back.
- If you miss a stamp, email us so we can make a note on the name list for the guide to stamp it on your next hike. The guides can’t backdate stamps without a note from the office.
- Your log book will be the only place where this will all be recorded. So don’t lose it! If it is lost, we’ll try to help you piece it all back together.
- When you reach 10 stamps or one of the distance milestones, have the guide check your book. They’ll then let the office people know to prepare your presents.
Any questions about membership? Contact us any time.