With pretty much everywhere shut down for visitors it’s tough to find a good hike right now. We’ve found a few places to go for a walk, and, while they’re not quite the sort of trail we usually go for, it is definitely awesome to be able to get up into the hills and into the open air.
The scenery in the park is excellent right now—particularly the lakeside trail around the reservoir. It’s all pretty easy as well, and it’s a good option if you want to bring out the kids for some fresh air.
- Arrive at the park and go through the registration procedures.
- Walk over the dam and climb up to the first part of the Great Wall in the park.
- Hike over the suspension bridge and over to the chestnut orchards.
- Climb more of the repaired Great Wall and hike into a shady valley.
- Backtrack a little to find the trail around the big reservoir, follow the trail around the lake to finish the hike.