Try an easy walk in the Lakeside Great Wall Scenic area, followed by a big meal at one of our favourite countryside restaurants.
An easy walk is probably just want you want on a hot summer day. It’s especially suitable if you have kids who are are on holiday: you can all come out for a fun walk. And if you want to make it a bit more difficult, you can climb higher on the Great Wall here.
The scenery in the park is excellent right now—particularly the lakeside trail around the reservoir. This scenic area gets busy on the weekends, but on a weekday visit we don’t expect we’ll see crowds of people.
Our favourite countryside restaurant is also open for business, and after the hike we’ll head there for a big hot meal and cold drinks.
- Arrive at the park.
- Walk over the dam and then hike around the lakeside trail.
- Take a snack break by chestnut orchards or lakeside beach area, option to climb more of the repaired Great Wall.
- Walk over the glass bridge, and then up a steep set of stairs on the Great Wall
- Climb more of the repaired Great Wall above the lake.
- Finish the hike and drive to the restaurant for a big meal.