Zhuangdaokou and Huanghuacheng
Explore hill trails and Great Wall in the Zhuangdaokou and Huanghuacheng area.
Some steep climbs on the Great Wall. 3–4 hours of hiking over approx. 6km. (Can I do it?)
This hike mixes up parts of a few different hikes that are not 100% accessible because of closed villages and other restrictions.
Once we’re on to the trail we’ll be able to do a good loop that takes us up and along some of the ‘wild’ Great Wall in the area. We’ll also have time to check out some of the repaired Great Wall, too.
Our favourite countryside restaurant is also open for business, and after the hike we’ll head there for a big hot meal and cold drinks.
- Walk up a valley to reach an arch in the Great Wall.
- Follow the ‘wild’ Great Wall up to a high point with 360°C views.
- Hike down a hill trail and then follow farm trails back to the arch in the Great Wall.
- Stop at the arch and explore the repaired Great Wall.
- Hike back down the valley and drive around to the restaurant.