Countryside Cycling to the “Sea of Flowers”
An easy bike ride along forested country lanes and roads, passing by rivers and woods on the way to the ‘Sea of Flowers’. Includes a mid-ride meal.
approx. 5 hours of riding over 26km (Can I do it?)
|07:30||Depart from Liangmaqiao pickup and drive to Lido Metropark Hotel Starbucks|
|08:00||Driving to the start point|
|10:30||Arrive at the cycling club and get set up with your bike|
|10:45||Safety briefing and ride introduction from the cycling guide|
|11:00||Ride your bike to the river, and then on to the farmhouse for lunch|
|12:00||Lunch at the countryside restaurant|
|13:00||Ride your bike to the Sea of Flowers|
|13:30||Ride through the Sea of Flowers, stopping for photos|
|13:45||Ride on through woods and cornfields to the stream|
|15:30||Take a break by the stream, and then ride on to the end|
|16:30||Finish back at the cycling club, return the bikes|
|16:45||Warm down and stretching before boarding the bus|
|19:30||Back at the Lido Hotel, then on to Liangmaqiao (est.)|
Please contact us if you'd like more details about the plan.
- Bicycle rental and cycling guide
- Lunch at a countryside restaurant
- Transport and support vehicle
- AXA outdoor insurance
- Bottled drinking water
- The cycle club has bikes suitable for kids who are at least 130cm tall. Helmets are provided.
- Our bus has very limited space for transporting your own bikes, and we’d recommend you drive yourself if you want to use your own bike. We’d give you a discount if you drive yourself and/or use your own bike, and we’d send you the exact location to meet up.
- The trip is not suitable for children under 130cm tall or those who don’t have bicycle experience.
- We’ll collect your payment in advance using a Wechat or Alipay QR which we’ll email to you.
- A full refund is available if you cancel before 5pm on September 9.If you cancel after 5pm on September 9 a cancellation fee of 30% will be charged. If you cancel on the morning of the trip or don’t show up in time, we can give a refund of ¥100 per person.
- If we have to cancel the trip because of the weather or coronavirus we’ll give you a full refund.
Safety and supervision: Bike helmets and personal insurance are mandatory for this trip. We’ll warn you about any parts of the ride that require extra attention. You’re responsible for watching your children.
Vehicle: all participants must wear seatbelts while in the vehicle.
Weather: if the weather doesn’t look like fun, we’ll cancel or postpone the trip.
Food: a mid-ride lunch at a countryside restaurant is included. Bring your own snacks and extras.